Recipe adapted from: Primal Kitchen Foods Instagram
Aidells chicken Apple sausage, cut
1 bunch of asparagus, ends removed
1 crown of broccoli, chopped
1 onion, chopped
Brussel sprouts, chopped
Butternut squash, chopped (or sweet potato!)**
1 Apple, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
Salt and pepper
** raw butternut squash is so tough to cut. Therefore I buy the pre-chopped, raw butternut squash from Publix. But sweet potato would be just as wonderful! (And easier to manage!)
1. Wash and chop all your veggies. Heat coconut oil on high heat until melted and very hot.
2. Add apples, bell pepper, and butternut squash (or sweet potato.)
3. Cook for several minutes, allowing to sear in the hot oil. Season with Italian seasoning. Stir occasionally and cook until tender.
4. Remove from skillet and set aside.
5. Add more coconut oil to the pan and place temp to medium-high. Add asparagus, broccoli, onion, and brussel sprouts. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until tender (but not mushy.) Add salt + pepper.
6. When the veggies are almost done, add chicken sausage and stir around. It's already cooked, therefore it just needs to be heated through!
7. Add Apple/bell pepper/butternut squash mixture. Add additional seasoning as needed.
8. Serve! I really liked the sweetness of the Apple, bell pepper, and butternut squash in this dish!