1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 T. minced garlic
3 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 8-ounce cans of Pineapple chunks, drained
1 package of frozen stir-fry vegetables (mine included bell peppers, carrots, broccoli, snap peas, and water chestnuts)
1/3 c. coconut aminos
1/3 c. vegetable or chicken broth
2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
1 T. arrowroot powered or tapioca starch (to thicken sauce)
1. Saute onion, bell pepper, and garlic over medium high heat in coconut oil until soft and browning.
2. Meanwhile, cook the "brown sauce" ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat until thickened, about 5 minutes.
2. Once the onion/bell pepper/garlic mixture is ready, add chicken pieces and brown on all sides. Reduce heat to medium-low, add "brown sauce", and cover to allow the chicken to cook through.
3. Once chicken is cooked through, add pineapple chunks and frozen veggies. Stir to combine.
4. Again, cover the lid and cook on medium-low heat until the vegetables are cooked (but still slightly crispy!)
5. Serve and top with cashews and sesame seeds.
*I also made some brown rice for Billie for this recipe. It would be great with some cauliflower "rice" as well!