My friend Kaitlyn has been sharing some plant-strong recipes, and I couldn't wait to try this one! This is quick, so easy, and delicious! I could eat this almond butter sauce with a spoon!!
Adapted from: Kelley and Cricket
Makes 4 servings
4-5 zucchini, spiralized
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1-2 T coconut oil
1/2 c of vegetable broth (divided)
6 T almond butter
3 T coconut Aminos (or soy sauce if you aren't Paleo)
1 T apple cider vinegar
1-2 tsp Frank's red hot sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
* chopped cilantro, cashews, or almonds for garnish
1. In a large pan or pot, add zucchini noodles and 1/4 cup of broth. With temperature on medium high and a lid on the pot, steam the noodles until they reach the desired texture.
2. Next, make your brown sauce in a small saucepan. Over medium high heat, cook your green onions in coconut oil. Once they are soft and browning, reduce heat to medium low and add broth, almond butter, coconut Aminos, apple cider vinegar, and hot sauce. Stir until warmed through and well combined. Add a little more broth if sauce is too thick.
3. Remove the sauce from heat and stir in sesame oil.
4. Serve sauce on top of zucchini noodles and garnish!