Tuesday, May 5, 2015

New Addition to the Family

No, not a baby. :)

And not a dog either (still allergic.) 

A road bike.

Ladies and gents, please welcome Lexa to the Webb family. (Lexa S to be exact.) 


I had been thinking about trading in my trusty hybrid and upgrading to a road bike for a while. I asked around for a reputable bike shop in town, and all signs pointed to Bikes and Moore in Hopkinsville. 

I spent a couple hours there on Saturday discussing a possible trade in, testing out a few road bikes, and asking all my questions. The owner, Tim was one of the nicest and down to earth guys. Talk about knowledgeable. And so patient. 

I left with a price quote including everything from the bike down to the water bottle holders. I left so excited to fill Billie in on everything! 

Billie gave me his blessing, and I dreamed about the bike twice in 3 nights. Not kidding. Needless to say, I jumped on the first chance I could to go back! I got off work uncharacteristicly early today and sped home to load up my hybrid (to trade in.) 

I opened the garage door, attached my bike rack to my trailer hitch, and loaded up my hybrid before walking into the house... To hear a women from our alarm system company saying, "ma'am, is everything ok? Are you ok?" 

I ran to the alarm panel and disarmed it, quickly yelling, "yes ma'am! I'm ok!! I forgot to disarm before opening the garage door!" That was a first. But I'm so glad I went inside and disarmed before police were dispatched. That woulda been a whole 'nother blog post. 

Back to the bike. I spent almost 3 hours at the shop. Got fitted for bike shoes and clipless pedals (don't be fooled by the name... They're the ones you "clip" into) learned to change a tire, and got my bike computer (cat eye brand) up and running.



Got my sights set on what will be my first Olympic distance triathlon in August. But for now, I'm just trying to learn to clip in and out of my new pedals without falling over. Ha! 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment