Eggplant is the main ingredient in baba ghanoush. And if you're like me, eggplant is hard to enjoy. But cooked this way... I love it!
Recipe copied from: Closet Cooking
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes Servings: 8(~4 cups)
A light, tasty and healthy grilled eggplant dip or salad with tahini, lemon juice and salt.
- 2 medium eggplants (~2-3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (~1 lemon)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin, ground (optional)
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- Prick the eggplants a few times with a fork, place on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400F oven until really tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- Cut the eggplants open, scoop out the flesh and puree in a ford processor along with the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and salt.
- Serve garnished with olive oil, chopped parsley and paprika.
Tip: Best enjoyed while still warm, though it will keep for several days in the fridge.Nutrition Facts: Calories 96, Fat 5g (Saturated 0.8g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 0, Sodium 11mg, Carbs 10g (Fiber 5g, Sugars 3g), Protein 2g
|This is the tahini I used... from Whole Foods|