From the things I've read and heard, these are the mother of all paleo chocolate chip cookies. I couldn't wait to make them for my friend's birthday last week. The recipe did NOT disappoint. Even my non-paleo co-workers asked for the recipe!
Real-Deal Chocolate Chip CookiesDanielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
SERVES: 1 dozen
- ¼ cup palm shortening, ghee, or grass-fed butter (I used Kerrygold butter)
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar (I buy this at TJ Maxx for $3.99)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup dark chocolate pieces (just chop up a dark chocolate bar)
- ¼ cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips (dairy and nut free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, cream the palm shortening, coconut sugar, honey, egg, and vanilla for about 15 seconds until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt and mix again until combined, about 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed in order to incorporate all of the flour. Pulse once or twice more.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Place golf-ball sized balls of dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a SilPat. Using another sheet of parchment on top of the dough, flatten them slightly with the palm or your hand or a spatula. The cookies don’t spread much so create the size and thickness you want prior to baking them.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, until slightly golden around the edges.