This has become one of our favorite meals! For the bottom layer, we have been making "broccoli slaw"-- saute/steam some broccoli until tender but not too tender. Then pulse it in a food processor until it resembles slaw. Top it with meat, tomatoes, guacamole, and plantain chips!
Copied from: @whole30recipes on Instagram
2 GREEN plantains
1/3 cup coconut oil (melted) or avocado oil
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
*Guacamole, salsa, or pico de gallo for dipping! We love the Wholly Guacamole brand of Guac. All clean ingredients.
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Hold the plantain length wise and cut through the skin all the way from top to bottom. Peel off the outer layer, cutting it off with a knife in the stubborn areas if you need to!
3. Slice your plantains very thin, using a mandolin if you have one.
4. Toss them with the other ingredients in a bowl.
5. Place the chips on a single layer, no overlapping, on a baking sheet.
6. Bake 15 minutes. Flip (using your fingers), then bake another 3-4 minutes or longer until they are light golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and let cool. Eat them all-- they don't save well!
Best Homemade "Taco" seasoning:
Copied from: Marks Daily Apple
(For 1 lb of meat)
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
Cook meat in a skillet, adding spices when desired. I typically add a little water as well.