I'm going to Ben and Louise's for a burger cookout tonight. I thought these little beauties would be a perfect dessert.
It's kosher to taste-test before serving to other people, right?? Right. :)
Copied from: Dr. Axe's website
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (I think you could use shredded as well)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 whole strawberries
- 2 cups whipped coconut cream** (see note below)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 12 cupcake liners in a muffin pan.
- Sift dry ingredients together into a bowl. Add the coconut separately.
- Separate the yolk from the whites of 2 of the eggs. Set the egg whites aside.
- Combine 3 whole eggs, two egg yolks, coconut oil, honey, vanilla and lemon juice with a hand mixer. Be careful that you don’t over mix.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the dry mixture and wet mixture in alternate batches until the batter has no lumps.
- In a small bowl beat the egg whites until thick, soft peaks form. (Using a hand mixer works best.) Fold into the batter very gently.
- Pour or spoon batter evenly into the 12 cupcake liners.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until done (mine took less time.) Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, then carefully remove cupcakes from the pan. Cool completely.
- When the cupcakes are cool, cut a small circle off the top and scoop out a little of the cupcake and put one whole strawberry in the cupcake.
- Frost the cupcakes with the whipped coconut cream right before serving! I would keep the coconut cream in the frig until then so it stays hardened!