|Picture borrowed from http://draxe.com/recipe/pina-colada-smoothie/|
Quite possibly the BEST smoothie I have ever had.
Copied from Dr. Axe's website:
"Coconut is a medium chain fatty acid which is easily digested and converted to energy instead of being stored as fat. It is extremely diverse and one of the healthiest foods you could eat! Try this Piña Colada Smoothie Recipe and indulge in the benefits of coconut!"
- 10 oz. coconut milk (I used canned)
- 1-2 raw eggs
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 C fresh or frozen pineapple
- 1/2 banana
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp ground chia seed
- (I added ice because my pineapple wasn't frozen!)
- Combine the ingredients in a high-speed blender.