Another great and super clean recipe from Paleoista. I added shredded baked chicken to make this a meal (or snack.) I love having a cold salad to eat at work mid-morning. I have never liked eggplant until now! This is the way to do it.
Click here for the original recipe.
|Chilled Eggplant and Sun-dried Tomato Salad|
Recipe type: Appetizer
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Make this ahead and serve the next day chilled for an excellent summer starter!
- 1 large eggplant, sliced into 1″ thick pieces
- 4 oz sun dried tomatoes in olive oil*
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (I used a bit more!)
- 4 cups wild arugula, washed and spun dry
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thinly
- use fresh raw tomato as an alternative
- Preheat oven to broil
- Place eggplant on wire rack and cook 10-15 minutes flipping every few minutes and keeping a close eye to prevent charring (will be on the crisp side)
- Remove from oven and let sit until cool enough to handle
- Place tomato (if using sun dried; if using fresh, wait until right before serving to add), basil and oil in food processor
- Whiz until coarsely chopped
- Place in glass or ceramic bowl and stir eggplant in and cover tightly
- Chill overnight; remove from refrigerator 10 – 15 minutes before serving on top of arugula, with onion on top of that as a starter or add your favorite protein to create a full meal