Saturday, January 18, 2014

Updates + (better) Orange Chicken

Happy Saturday!
I woke up before 6, because my brain thinks it's a weekday. But I got this view from the back porch, so I'm ok with it. :) 


It was a long, crazy week. Hoping I settle in to my job soon and that I can meet the expectations that have been made for me. 

But for now, I'm so happy it's Saturday. We are going to Nashville with some friends today! I'll take pictures, of course. :) 

But I have a recipe for ya. I made a very similar recipe before, but this time, it seemed so much better!!! 


Slow cooker Sesame Orange Chicken 
From: Against All Grain cookbook 
(This is all I will share--- you should buy this book asap!!!) 

** I recommend doubling the recipe!!! 

2 lbs boneless skinless chicken THIGHS 
1/3 cup coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
1/3 cup honey 
2 T orange juice 
2 T tomato paste 
1 T toasted sesame oil 
2 tsp minced garlic 
1/2 tsp ground ginger 
3/4 tap sea salt 
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes 
1/4 tsp black pepper
Garnish: sesame seeds 

1. Trim any visie fat from the chicken then place in a single layer in the bottom of a slow cooker 
2. Place remaining ingredients, except sesame seeds, in a bowl and wisk together. Pour over chicken 
3. Turn chicken to ensure even coating. 
4. Cook on low for 4 hours 
5. Remove chicken from sauce and cut into cubes 
6. Spoon any fat off top of sauce and transfer to small saucepan 
7. Simmer sauce on medium heat for 20 mins until it has reduced by half and is thick and shiny. 
8. Toss chicken in sauce and serve with sprinkles sesame seeds. 

* we made cauliflower "rice" to go with this-- perfect! 





No comments:

Post a Comment