Perfect comfort food after a strange couple of first days at my new job!
The original recipe is for "Almost 5 ingredient pizza spaghetti pie." I made a few changes to make it Mexican!!
Here is the original recipe:
(copied from paleomg.com, which tried to autocorrect to "paleomagnetism." What's that??)
- 1 large spaghetti squash (about 600 grams)
- 1 pound italian sausage (I used beef)
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup pizza sauce (used tomato sauce)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (omitted)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs, whisked
- (optional: add anything you like with pizza: veggies, even cheese if you do primal)
- I added taco seasoning
- Top with guac and salsa!!!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Place spaghetti squash cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the skin of the squash gives when you press on it. Then reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Once squash is done cooking, remove threads and place in an 8×8 greased baking dish.
- Place a large pan over medium heat. Add italian sausage and onion. Cook until pink no longer remains in the sausage and it is broken up into pieces.
- Add pizza sauce, dried basil and salt and pepper to the pan and mix well.
- Add sausage mixture to the 8×8 dish and mix well with spaghetti squash threads.
- Lastly, add whisked eggs to the baking dish and mix everything together until you can no longer see the eggs.
- Bake for 45 mins to an hour