Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Healthy Hot Chocolate

I can't get over how amazing this stuff is. Really.

3 ingredients. 

Squeaky clean. 

Perfection. 

For 1 serving:
1 cup almond milk (unsweetened or vanilla)
1 Tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tablespoon (or less) of coconut sugar***

1. Heat the almond milk in a saucepan on the stovetop or in the microwave for about 2 minutes. 
2. Blend the cocoa powder, sugar, and warm almond milk in a blender until whipped. 
3. Pour into a mug and top with spinkle of cocoa powder and ENJOY! 
4. This stuff is amazing. That's all.  

***I bought coconut sugar at a health food store a while back for a cookie recipe. I was bummed that it didn't come in a smaller bag, because I wasn't sure what else I would use it for. But I have loved this stuff!  Why is it better than sugar, you ask? Unlike white sugar, coconut sugar is low on the glycemic index and high in nutrients and amino acids. Now, I still don't think any kind of sugar is great. But I think this is better than the alternative. :)



In case you wanted an action shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment