Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Creamy Leek & Cauliflower Soup

 


 Disclaimer: I am aware that this doesn't look very appetizing. But it was so good! We will definitely make this again. Trust me. :)

Creamy Leek and Cauliflower Soup
Adapted from: Stupid Easy Paleo 

1 large head cauliflower, chopped
3 leeks (stems removed), chopped (some people cut off the dark green part, but I used it)
1 yellow onion, chopped
5 cups chicken broth
1 can full fat coconut milk 
1 cup dry white wine
Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper
Few splashes of hot sauce 
*I highly recommend some bacon or polenta for topping... amazing.

1. After chopped the leeks and cauliflower, wash them very well.
2. Combine the leeks, cauliflower, onion, broth, coconut milk, and wine in a large soup pot.
3. Cover and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Then reduce to simmer for 20 mins.
4. Add all the seasonings. 
5. Puree until smooth with an immersion blender or in 2-3 batches in a food processor.



I had also baked some chicken legs for dinner, but we didn't even eat them! I feel like almost all the chicken I have baked in the last 6 months has turned out... well, just not appetizing. And I'm not really sure why. We are hoping to buy a grill when we get settled in Tennessee. Maybe that will change my chicken game.

Speaking of, we are leaving Arizona for good in less than 4 WEEKS! Crazy. Time has flown by. I woke up in the middle of the night last night thinking of details we needed to take care of before we move... address changes, etc.  We are sad about leaving our friends here but SO excited about a new adventure. More on that to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment