Thursday, September 5, 2013

San Diego Part 3

Sunday afternoon, we went back to San Clemente and rested for a couple hours. The zoo and Ocean beach wore us out! Billie and Zach went on a run, and I snuck away and found a Trader Joes nearby. :) I took this Instagram picture of a parking lot... How pretty! Everything just felt and looked so... Californian!


That night, we ate dinner at the Fisherman's Restaurant right on the ocean.


 It felt so cool outside- we even sat under a patio heater. Loved it.

And I got a fancy blue drink. :)



 I wasn't that hungry, so I just got soup. But the guys got amazing seafood!

Right on the water
Monday morning, I was not ready to leave! But Billie and I left San Clemente and drove down to Coronado- another place we had been told NOT to miss. Coronado is it's own little island. We drove over the big bridge to get there and admired all the sailboats beneath us.

We drove around for a bit before deciding to park and find a place to eat lunch. We chose Tent City, where we sat outside to enjoy the breeze and the view.


Ahi tuna salad- YUM. I love getting seafood when I can, because that's not something I cook (or have access to) often!


 Most of you know I'm a sucker for a good coffee shop. So I Googled the best coffee shop in Coronado and landed on Clayton Coffee shop, which was right down the street!


While we were standing in line, I asked the people behind us if they lived in Coronado. One couple said they just moved there and were building a house and planning to retire! When I asked them what they recommended for a visitor, they said the BEACH and Hotel del Coronado, where the movie "Some Like it Hot" with Marilyn Monroe was filmed. After lunch and coffee, we were just out of time. I wish we could have spent more time there!!! Hopefully there will be a next time. :)


Needless to say, I fell in love with California. I asked Billie what the chances are that we would ever live there, and he said the chances are pretty slim. There isn't much in California for the Army, and that made me sad. But you just never know!


The End. 

No comments:

Post a Comment