Wednesday, September 4, 2013

San Diego Part 2

We started our Sunday with a trip to the San Diego zoo! Active duty military get in free and spouses get 10% off. Not a bad deal, huh?


Jared, Zach, and Billie


Here are a few of my favorite animal pics...



Took this one for Billie! You know how those Arkansas fans like their hogs.



 I creepily followed this girl and snuck a picture, because I could have SWORN she was Malece Miller from this season of So You Think You Can Dance! Anyone else see the resemblance?? I was freaking out a little on the inside. Already had my speech prepared when I realized it wasn't really her. haha



Back to the animals...



Deep thinker.
After we left the zoo, we drove down to Ocean Beach to do some exploring. It's definitely the hippie area... so much character!

Carissa, my pastor's daughter, used to live in San Diego. She gave us an all-inclusive list with all the things to do while we were there. Hodad's was on the list for sure! She raved about the burgers, fries, and milkshakes. Hodad's was also on the show Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives with Guy Fieri a while back. Click here to see the quick clip! That explained the line out the door and down the street!

Luckily, I overheard a lady walking by say that people don't have to stand in line if they want a to-go order. So we rushed to the front and got milkshakes to go!





We worked off the milkshakes by walking down on the pier. California is just how I pictured it!! I felt like I would have fit in more on a bike, wearing nothing but my swimsuit! :)



Stay tuned for part 3 of our trip tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment