Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Pesto-Stuffed, Bacon-Wrapped Chicken

Billie and I got home from our weekend in San Diego late last night. I have so many pictures to post! So be checking for updates... I'll get them uploaded soon. :) 

While you're waiting, I wanted to share this recipe we made last week!

We don't own a grill, and lately, baked chicken just hasn't been doing it for me. I don't know if I have been buying bad chicken or if it's just the way I'm cooking it!

But this recipe, with the pesto inside and the bacon on the outside, was a fool-proof way to improve plain chicken!

Here is the recipe!!
From: PaleoMomRx

Pesto:
1 Tbs. bacon fat or olive oil
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 cup spinach
3 oz. fresh basil
3 1/2 Tbs. almonds
3 Tbs. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Chicken:
2 lbs Chicken breast
One piece bacon (per breast)- I used two strips on each breast!
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350. On a baking sheet, spread almonds and bake until golden brown, about 5-8 mins. In a skillet, add bacon fat/olive oil and melt, add spicnach and garlic to the fat/oil and sautee until wilted, about 5 mins. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and puree. Set aside.
Butterfly each chicken breast, open up and spread pesto evenly on the inside of the breast and then close up the breast. Wrap bacon around each breast and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a baking dish (I greased mine with coconut oil) and bake for 35-45 or until juices run clear.


1 comment:

  1. YUM!!!! Can't wait to try this! We're goin to the beach next week but ill def have this on my list to make when we get back! I've been in a chicken rut too these days!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete