It was delicious!! If you have a grill, I definitely recommend this recipe.
Spicy Honey Chicken
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 2lbs (you could use breasts as well but thighs stay more moist)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic (you can sub 1 teaspoon garlic powder here)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Cider Vinegar
- Combine the rub spices in bowl and mix well.
- Use kitchen shears to trim off any excess fat from the chicken pieces. Pat dry. Drizzle oil over chicken and rub in with your hands to lightly coat all the pieces. Then toss chicken with the spice rub to coat all sides well. Use your hands and get in there! Grill chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, warm honey in the microwave so it's not so thick. Add the vinegar and combine well. Reserve 2 Tablespoons of the honey glaze for later after the chicken has cooked to pour on right before serving. Take the rest and brush on chicken (both sides) in the final moments of grilling.
- I'm gonna warn you that this can make a hot mess, literally. It's sugar, and it's gonna drip. But the smelly smoke is worth it for a minute or two. Just leave your grill on for a few minutes after the chicken is done to burn off any excess glaze. It's totally worth it once you taste this stuff.
- If you don't have a bbq, try it on an indoor grill pan or use your broiler. Just be sure to open a window in case you burn your glaze!