Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Grain free chocolate chip cookies

Before I dive in to chocolate chips, I would like to make a request of you, faithful reader. I love when people tell me they read and enjoy this blog! I especially love when our family and friends who live far away feel like they know what's going on in our lives through my posts. So if you fit in to either of those categories, join the "followers" on the right hand side. I realize this isn't visible from a cell phone. But it should be from an I-Pad or a computer! You know who I am, and I want to know who you are! :) Thank you, and that is all.

Now about cookies... Chocolate chip cookies are my all-time favorite dessert. I found this recipe from Carrots N Cake for grain free, egg free chocolate chip cookies. And I was really craving something sweet this past weekend, so I decided to try them out!



I have to be honest though... they weren't as good as I had hoped. BUT it may be because I was out of coconut oil. So I substituted 3 eggs instead. Or it could be because my craving was for a real, gooey, chocolate chip cookie. And anything made with almond flour is just a little dryer and grittier (in my experience.) Also, I think I may have baked them a little too long... they don't "brown" like other cookies, so you have to take them out earlier than you would think!

But I'm not giving up. The next time I splurge, I'll try these again or try a different recipe and compare. :) Fit Paleo Mom's chocolate chip cookies look good, and the recipe is different...

If you have made a paleo "cookie" that you like, please share!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment