Another recipe copied from www.paleomg.com. I love her recipes! Can't get enough... Apparently.
Sundried Tomato Pesto Pasta
For the Pesto
- 3 oz sundried tomatoes
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1-1.5 cup olive oil
- ½ cup basil leaves
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the pasta
- 3 zucchini, julienne cut or sliced into fettuccine noodles
- 1 bundle of asparagus
- 1lb chicken, diced
- ⅓ cup chicken broth or water
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place your sundried tomatoes in a bowl with 1-2 cups of water or until the sundried tomatoes are covered to soften.
- Now heat up a medium sized skillet under medium heat with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil and throw in your diced chicken to begin to cook down, tossing the chicken randomly to help cook on all sides.
- Add your basil, tarragon, and thyme to the chicken.
- Once your sundried tomatoes are soft, pull out your food processor, place sundried tomatoes along with your walnuts and puree. Then add the rest of the pesto ingredients and slowly pour in the olive oil in while it’s turned on so you can see how much olive oil you will really need. Add until you find your preferred consistency.
- Now heat up a large skillet under medium heat with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil and toss in your zucchini noodles and asparagus.
- Add your chicken broth or water to the noodles and asparagus to help cook the noodles down.
- After about 3-5 minutes, add your sundried tomato pesto to the zucchini noodles along with the chicken.
- Cover and let cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with some leftover sundried tomatoes on top!