Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Paleo Chicken Lettuce Wraps (Asian style)

Whether you eat "paleo" or not, you have to make these wraps!!! For some reason, I thought they would be kind of bland, but they weren't at ALL. Billie took one bite and said that this meal just took the place as his top one or two favorite that I have made. 


This recipe was copied from Fit Paleo Mom. I adore her... she is a Louisiana girl, mom of 3, and Crossfitter. Plus we share the same name. :)

Here is what ya need:
1 head butter lettuce
1 package of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes (see my note below)*
1 onion, chopped*
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon sesame oil (I didn't have this, so I used more olive oil instead)
1 large carrot, chopped*
1 5 oz can of water chestnuts (I roughly chopped these)
Salt and pepper
4 tablespoons coconut aminos (You can use soy sauce if you are not Paleo)
1/2 cup chopped almonds

1. In a large skillet start by adding olive oil, sesame oil, garlic, and onion. Let that start to brown.
2. Now add diced chicken and carrots.
3. Season with salt and pepper and coconut aminos
4. Finally add water chestnuts and let simmer for about 10 minutes on low.
5. Top with chopped onions, and serve in lettuce.



*I have started to use the already-shredded chicken for just about everything. It's so easy, and I don't have to worry about cutting up raw chicken in even bite-sized pieces and making sure every piece is cooked through. So I added my already-cooked, shredded chicken at the end. Also, I used my mini chopper to chop the onions and carrots. So the carrots and onions were between a chop and a pulverize. haha But I think that made the recipe even better! Plus Billie isn't crazy about onions, so I have to be very sneaky when I add them to recipes. And they are in just about everything!


No comments:

Post a Comment