Thursday, May 16, 2013

Coconut Apple Muffins

These are my favorite paleo muffins BY FAR. They don't taste any different from regular muffins! And you're not getting all the dairy, wheat, and processed stuff. These were quick and simple to make. You will love them.

I actually got a text from my Aunt Susan, who made them earlier in the week. And I had just bought the ingredients to make them myself! So these are a hit with my family so far.

This recipe is from www.fitpaleomom.com
For the muffins:
1 cup almond flour
1 cup almond butter
3 eggs
1/2 cup honey (I used 1/3 cup)
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (I used sweetened shredded coconut instead)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Pinch of cinnamon (I used more)
1 apple, cored and chopped

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Grease a muffin pan (I lightly greased the muffin tin with a paper towel dipped in melted coconut oil)
3. Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl, and fill muffin tin about 3/4 full
4. Bake 15-20 minutes (I baked on TOP rack so that the bottoms wouldn't burn)




1 comment:

  1. So I've been contemplating doing the whole Paleo thing...you've inspired me! :o) Love. Love. Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete