Thursday, May 9, 2013

Bacon Apple Crock Pot Chicken

I had some chicken that I bought for the cinco de mayo party and didn't use. I wanted something quick and easy to do with it. And I found the perfect thing...

This recipe is from www.wellnessmama.com.

Bacon Apple Crock Pot Chicken Ingredients:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (can also be done with a whole chicken or thighs)
2 apples- peeled, cored and grated (I chopped the apples... I like that better-Kat)
1 cup homemade barbecue sauce -or Mitch’s (sugar sweetened) and Nature’s Hollow (xyitol sweetened) are both decent options if you don’t make your own
(we use the brand "organicville"-Kat)
8 pieces of bacon

How To Make:

Wrap each piece of chicken in 2 pieces of bacon and place in bottom of crock pot.
Mix grated apple and barbecue sauce and pour over chicken.
Cook on low for 7-8 hours until done.
We enjoy with homemade cole slaw or sweet potatoes.

Billie said "this is my favorite meat that you have made yet!" YESSS. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment