It's been a while! But I wanted to post this recipe I made for some guests this weekend! It was a hit-- the perfect amount of sweetness and so filling. I'll definitely make this for visitors again!
Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Bake:
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pint of fresh strawberries, washed and chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2.5 cups of milk
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 4 T. butter, melted
- 1-2 bananas, sliced
- melted peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 with cooking spray or coat with butter.
2. Mix dry ingredients and add to 9x13.
3. Mix wet ingredients and pour on top.
4. Bake for 40 minutes.
5. Serve immediately with chopped bananas, peanut butter, and a splash of milk