Where my Vegan friends at?? :) Healthy, cheap, superfood meal!
3 cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
1.5 cups of red quinoa
1 green bell pepper, chopped finely
1/2 purple onion, chopped finely
cilantro, chopped (I used ~1/4 cup.)
For the seasoning:
2 tsp. paprika
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp. cayenne
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
For the dressing:
1/2 cup Sabra Hummus (I used the garlic flavor)
2 limes, juiced
4-6 T. olive oil (according to the texture you prefer)
1. Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Drain/squeeze out any excess water
2. Combine quinoa, black beans, and chopped onion/ bell pepper/ cilantro in large bowl.
3. Add the seasonings and stir well.
4. Combine the dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and pour on top.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve! Or eat warm.
6. Top with chopped avocado