Monday, August 3, 2015

Weekend Visitors

My mom and dad made the trip to visit me in TN this weekend!

Naturally, I had a grocery list and itinerary planned within 20 minutes of learning their plans. 

Friday night, I cooked stuffed bell peppers. We sat at home, drank some wine, and relaxed on the back porch. 

Saturday morning started with a long walk at the Greenway. 

Around noon, we drove to Nashville for brunch at the Southern. 

I had the eggs Benedict: Blue cheese biscuits, beef tenderloin, and poached eggs--- With a side of greens and fried potatoes. I wanted one of everything on the menu! Shrimp and grits and the southern burger got runner-up. 



After brunch, we drove to Arrington Vineyards for "Music in the Vines." The event is from 5-9 each Friday and Saturday from May through November. (Also Sundays 2-6!), but we arrived early for wine tasting. At 4:15, we got an excellent parking spot, and began the tasting before there was a waiting list.



After the tasting, we grabbed a picnic table and set up our mini meal to enjoy the view. 


I ran 8 miles on Sunday morning to burn off the indulgence from Saturday! Then we went to church, took naps, saw the movie Inside Out, and had a perfect dinner at Liberty Park Grill. I could not have asked for a better weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment