Yall. This dish is flat out amazing. If you like Indian food, this meal is restaurant quality. Plus it's a crockpot meal! Can't beat that. I made this for my Life group international-themed dinner. I could not find Garam masala spice at my regular grocery stores. But I found it at World Internetional Mart on Fort Campbell blvd. Sweetest owners. They asked me to post a picture of the meal on their facebook page so they could see what I made!
From: Meals Made Simple cookbook by Danielle Walker
1/2 cup raw cashews
2.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2 inch cubes
2 cups tomato purée (or sauce)
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2.5 T garam masala
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 c chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
1. Place cashews in a bowl and cover with water. Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and set aside.
2. Add chicken and every other ingredient except cilantro to your crock pot. Toss to coat chicken well.
3. Cook on low for 6 hours in a crock pot.
4. When the chicken is almost done, drain cashews. Mix cashews in a food processor with 1/4 c fresh water. Add 3-4 ladles of liquid from crockpot and blend until a creamy consistency forms.
5. Spoon the cashew cream into the crockpot just before serving. Stir well to combine. Garnish with cilantro.
6. Serve with a side of sautéed spinach or vinegar cucumbers!
Make ahead tip:
Complete step 2 and store in the frig up to 2 days before cooking. OR freeze up to three months then thaw overnight in the frig before cooking.