Thursday, January 1, 2015

Christmas in Louisiana

As evidenced by my delay in posting, we have had a pretty busy week since we returned from Louisiana on Sunday. It was so nice to spend 5 days at home!

It started with baking Christmas goodies with my Mom and sister...


snowball cookies, Reese's cookies, and my caramel pecan pie bars

Hubs and brother-in-law making sausage balls

Sister's gorgeous house
Every Christmas Eve that I can remember, my Dad's side of the family has had a fish fry. I love that we've kept the tradition all these years!

Isn't my family beautiful?? This picture makes me teary. Talk about legacy...
Fried fish, potato salad, beans, and hush puppies around a farm table. Don't get much mo' better. :)

I'm bummed about my lack of photos from Christmas Day. I was enjoying myself too much to think about snapping pictures! We had an awesome brunch at my parent's house (our tradition: peppermint hot chocolate, omelet, and biscuits) followed by gifts and family time in our PJs.


The day after Christmas we spent with Billie's family. We ate good food (I could eat brie cheese forever and ever, amen), opened gifts, and laughed at Key and Peele videos on Youtube.

That night, Billie and I met his closest friends (all high school friends and groomsmen in our wedding) and their sweet wives for dinner. Afterwards, we spent time at one couple's house just talking and laughing. I stayed up til 2am, which should tell you how much fun I was having. If I make it past  9pm, it's gotta be good. :)



Saturday, we drove down to Pineville to have Christmas with my Mom's side of the family. Louisiana gumbo, appetizers, and desserts galore! Here are a couple of my cousins. Again, isn't my family good looking?? 


My niece wanted to take a selfie.

Time for presents




Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year's. I read a quote this morning that I wanted to share...


"Today is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a great one!"

No comments:

Post a Comment