Need an easy weeknight one dish wonder? This ones for you. The guys ate second helpings. It was so simple and tasty.
Copied From: Paleo Grubs
- 4 medium zucchini
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 heads of broccoli, cut into florets
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (I used the ones packed in olive oil)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Shred the zucchini into ribbons with a vegetable peeler and place in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Brown the sausage in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Use a spoon to break it into small pieces. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a separate large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Transfer everything to a small glass bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet. Add the broccoli and sprinkle with salt. Sauté for 8-10 minutes until fork-tender and slightly browned. Add the sundried tomatoes along with 1/3 cup water. Simmer until the water has evaporated. Remove the skillet from heat. Stir in the crumbled sausage and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Toss the zucchini ribbons with the infused olive oil. Spoon the sausage mixture over the pasta to serve.