Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween Day

Several of my coworkers went all out with Halloween costumes, including the oopma loopa, the flower pot, the pirates, and the ninja turtles. How fun?! I think the residents really enjoyed it. We even had a Halloween party and carnival complete with funnel cakes, corn dogs, and games. 


At home, Billie and I passed out candy to some beyond cute trick-or-treaters. I felt they deserved extra candy for braving the  45 degree weather and 18mph wind! 


Meanwhile, our friend and house guest prepared dinner for us! Tom and his wife were stationed with us in Arizona. Tom just returned from deployment and is hanging with us while he finds a house here.

Can I just tell you what it felt like to walk in my kitchen and see someone else cooking? Besides me. FOR ME. It was euphoric. And a much welcomed gesture after a very long week. 


Besides that, it was stinking GOOD. Spice rubbed pork tenderloin (he said 375 for about 40 mins), asparagus with pine nuts, and quinoa. Yep, I could get used to this house guest thing. :) 


PUMPED for our Halloween party tomorrow!!! Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment