Monday, September 15, 2014

Asheville!

Billie's 30th bday trip to Asheville was a success!!

It started with lunch at Farm Burger downtown...




Followed by cider tasting at the only cider brewery in Asheville... Urban Orchard.


Friday night, we ate dinner at Strada Italiano downtown...
tuna, sauteed spinach, risotto, and salsify puree

Then we dropped in at French Broad Chocolate Lounge, which I have wanted to visit since they were featured by Southern Living. Lounge style atmosphere with drinks, coffees, tortes, truffles, cakes, and more... I left with a bar of dark mint chocolate. Mmmmmm.


Saturday morning, we went on a white water rafting trip down the French Broad River... one of the 3 oldest rivers in the world. It was beautiful. And cold. I wish I would have gotten one of the pics of our raft! I think this was Billie's favorite part of the weekend!

My highlight of the weekend though? Dinner with Catherine and Jon. Since Catherine and I finished grad school, I have seriously missed having her in my life! It was so fun to get to spend a night with them. We ate tapas at Curate in downtown Asheville, followed by ice cream at The Hop!

One of my favorite things about Asheville... Every coffee shop/cafe we checked out had almond milk and/or coconut milk options. Almond milk latte? Um, yes please.


Sunday morning, Billie and I drove up the Blue Ridge Parkway to hike/run/walk Graveyard Fields. It was misty, foggy, and muddy, to say the least. It was a bit of a "fail." Amateurs we are.



But any time with this guy is good time.


I'm already compiling a list of what I want to do my next trip to Asheville, including Wicked Weed Brewery, hiking at Dupont State Forrest (where "Hunger Games" was filmed!),  the Farmer's Market, the Biltmore, and White Duck Taco Shop.

Can't wait to go again!


No comments:

Post a Comment