Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Paleo Coffee Creamer

It's no secret that I love coffee. Anyhow, any way. But I especially like it strong and creamy. So much so that my mom thinks I should have grown hair on my chest by now. And my father in law says that I drink coffee stronger then his mother did. (And by the way he says this, I think he respects me for it.)

Coffee creamer is such a treat, but I have given it up before because of the ingredients. I bought creamer while our family was in town, and I did enjoy it! But then I looked at the ingredients list and got a little sick. Plus I think dairy aggravates my eczema. Time for a change.

SO I found some awesome homemade paleo coffee creamer recipes from Planks, Love, and Guacamole's website. They all have a base of 1 can of coconut milk and 1 T. coconut sugar (which you can buy at TJ Maxx or any health food store) or maple syrup.

I made the "toasted almond" creamer (bottom picture.)

Here are the ingredients: 
1 can coconut milk
1 Tbsp coconut palm sugar OR Grade B Maple Syrup
1 Tbsp almond extract

Blend in a blender and store in a mason jar up to 4 days in the frig. NO LONGER. 

Note-- Every morning, I blend the coffee with the creamer in my blender. It makes for a frothy treat, like the picture below!  


Click here to see the other variations like hazelnut, cinnabun, coconut, peppermint mocha.........

No comments:

Post a Comment