Sunday, June 22, 2014

Cooking Steak and Chimichurri + New Instagram

Friday nights= date nights for Billie and me. This past week, Billie requested "steak and lots of green" for our date night. Usually we go OUT to eat, but I thought I would surprise him with a dinner at home this time.

I've always been intimidated by steak. For example, which cuts do I buy? and do I want to spend good $$ on something I could mess up? Who's with me? But after a ten minute long pep talk from the butcher at Publix, I was ready to take on the task.

His advice was to broil the steak. (I'm intimidated by the grill too-- we will save that braveness for another day.) So broil, I did! I placed the 2 New York strip steaks in a glass dish and put them in the oven on broil. 7 minutes on each side, until the internal temp reached 145. PERFECT. I'm proud to say they were restaurant quality!

For topping, I made chimichurri sauce from @rochelleswholeplate (on Instagram). Recipe and picture below!

For sides, I served sauteed garlic kale and roasted broccoli.

Steak + Lots of green= what my baby wants, my baby gets. :)


Chimichurri from @rochelleswholeplate:
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar (I would use a little less)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
 *Combine all ingredients in food processor. Serve over cooked steak. Or over anything, really! 

*****


In other news, I started a new Instagram account for friends, family, and unknown people to follow for paleo recipe ideas. Follow @kitchenandkale if you are curious or need some food inspiration!

Here are a few Instagram pics from last week... 

Steak with Chimichurri is the top left!!

*****

Saturday, Billie was out doing field training. So I drove to Franklin for a little shopping on Main St.

Tea from Franklin Tea, chipotle powder from the Savory Spice Shop, and a fun soap dish and straws from The Shoppes on Main. 


After shopping, I went to Whole Foods for a little grocery shopping, which is my favorite kind of shopping. I love Whole Foods oh-so-much.

That's all for now folks. Hope you're resting and enjoying the Lord today. He makes everything good.

No comments:

Post a Comment