Thursday, May 8, 2014

"10-Minute Asian Fried Cabbage with Yummy Sauce"

Lately,  all my posts have been food-related. This can get boring for those of you who read my blog for Webb life updates. But food is mostly what we do!

My sweet Grandmother is my avid blog reader. Each time we talk, she tells me how "exotic" of a cook I am. :) She recently said "Katherine sends me all these recipes, and I don't have half of the ingredients in my pantry. Like coconut milk and mangoes. I don't know what a mango is! I think it's something like an orange, but I'm not sure."

Grandmother, we are even. Because I could NEVER make potato salad, cornbread, and roast-and-rice-and-gravy as good as you! :)

So here is another exotic recipe for you who are following our food endeavors!

Last weekend, I went to a local farm called Giving Thanks farm. Got some ground pork to make this...

"10 Minute Asian Fried Cabbage with Yummy Sauce"
While I was at the farm, I also bought bones to make homemade broth and some chicken livers. More on that to come!

This dish was delicious! Try it out and let me know what you think.


"10 Minute Asian Fried Cabbage with Yummy Sauce"
Copied from: Satisfying Eats

Ingredients
    • 1 lb. ground pork (Ground chicken, turkey or beef will also work.)
    • 1 small cabbage (approximately 1 lb.)
    • 1 tbsp. butter or coconut oil
    • 2 tsp. freshly grated ginger (or more to taste)
    • 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
    • 2-1/2 tbsp. Coconut Aminos* (See notes above for alternatives.)
    • Himalayan salt, to taste (optional)
    • 1 tbsp. sesame oil (optional)
    •  
    Yummy Sauce
    • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
    • 2 tsp. organic ketchup (or tomato paste)
    • 1 tsp. lemon juice
    • 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
    • 1 tbsp. water
    • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
    • 2 servings Organic KAL Stevia or sweetener of choice, to taste (I used honey)
Instructions
  1. Heat a large frying pan (the larger, the quicker the recipe will cook) over medium-high heat. Add the ground meat and brown, stirring occasionally. This should take around 5 minutes.
    While meat is cooking, cut the cabbage away from the core and then slice into thin strips and then into smaller pieces. Once meat is cooked, drain off any excess oil (if any) and return to pan. Add the cabbage and the remaining ingredients (except the sesame oil) to the meat. Using tongs, toss the ingredients and allow the cabbage and meat mixture to cook, uncovered for 5 minutes, or until cabbage is slightly wilted or cooked to your desired doneness. Taste for salt and for ginger flavor and add more if needed. Turn off heat and toss in sesame oil. Serve with Yummy Sauce.

    Yummy Sauce
    Blend all ingredients in a small bowl. Taste for sweetness and heat and adjust if needed. Serve with Asian Fried Cabbage or pour this on anything and enjoy! 
Notes
  1. Nutrition: 275 Calories, 20 grams Fat, 6.7 Total Carbs, 2.3 grams Fiber, 4.5 Net Carbs, 17 grams Protein per serving.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds YUMMY. I think I'll try it with Venison this weekend.

    ReplyDelete