We love some paleo-ized Asian chicken. This recipe is different in that it calls for arrowroot flour as a thickening agent for the sauce. Plus cashews for the crunch. So delicious!
Paleo Kung Pao Chicken:
Copied from: @paleoanddirtydishes on Instagram ---> follow her!!!
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 yellow squash
4 asparagus spears (I omitted)
1/2 head cauliflower
1/2-3/4 C cashews
Sesame seeds for garnish
1/4 cup plus 1 T coconut aminos
1/4 cup plus 1 T honey
1/4 cup plus 1 T tomato paste
3-4 T sriracha, depending on how spicy you like!
1. Cut the chicken in to bite-sized pieces and roll in arrowroot flour
2. Fry in coconut oil on stove top until browned and cooked through
3. Remove from heat and prep veggies...
4. "Rice" the cauliflower in a food processor and cut zucchini, asparagus, and squash into bite sized pieces
5. Combine all veggies in a large skillet with coconut oil and stir fry until the veggies are tender
6. Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and pour over chicken
7. Place chicken back on stove and slowly add 3 T arrowroot flour to thicken the sauce. Stir until sauce coats chicken and thickens up a bit
8. Add in cashews
9. Remove from heat, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve over cauliflower/veggie "rice"