Here are two new recipes from last week...
Sausage and Butternut Squash Frittata:
Photo and recipe credit go to: Cook Eat Paleo
Yield: 2-3 servings... I tripled this to make a 9x13!
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat, duck fat or fat of choice
- 3 ounces cooked sausage, chopped or crumbled
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced (I sauteed mine)
- 1/2 cup butternut squash, cubed and roasted in oven
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons mixed fresh herbs (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for original recipe:
- Preheat broiler.
- Beat eggs, salt and pepper and herbs until well-combined.
- Add fat to 10-inch oven-proof skillet and sauté onions and peppers until soft. Add sausage and squash and cook until heated through. Pour eggs over filling and cook until edges start to set.
- Put pan in oven and broil until frittata is puffed and brown on top, 3-5 minutes.
- (If you double or triple this to cook in a 9x13, I would cook at 350* for 20-30 minutes, or until the eggs are set.)
Crock Pot Pesto Ranch Chicken Thighs:
Recipe Credit to: Picky Palate
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 6 ounce jar of pesto
- 1 package Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Turn crock pot to high setting. Place chicken thighs, pesto, ranch dressing and chicken broth into crock pot. Stir gently to combine all seasonings. Close with lid and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with a side of mashed cauliflower and a simple salad.