Monday, January 6, 2014

Pumpkin Bread

I wanted to do a little something for our sweet realtor. She went above and beyond to get us into this house!!

I asked my mom, and she suggested baking pumpkin bread. She always knows what to do. :) I agreed that pumpkin bread would be the perfect little "thank you." 

When I need to find the best recipe of its kind, I check www.allrecipes.com and search by rating. This pumpkin bread has over 5,000 5-star reviews!


"Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread"

Original recipe makes 3 - 7x3 inch loaf pans
1 15-oz can pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1 c. vegetable oil
2/3 c. water
3 c. white sugar
3 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon 
1/2 tsp. ground cloves 
1/4 tsp. ground ginger 

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 7x3 inch loaf pans.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
  3. Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
***I baked mine for at least 65! Just keep checking. 



No comments:

Post a Comment