Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Festivites Part 2

Every year since I was little, we have had Christmas Eve dinner at my grandparents house. Well, this year, we had the same exact menu and people... but the location changed. It was at my sister's house! I was sad at first, because I'm a stickler for traditions. But it was a perfect night. :) And everyone got to see her gorgeous new kitchen, which was just remodeled.




The menu is always as follows: eggnog, hush puppies, fries, bakes beans, potato salad, and fried fish!


My cousin Lance and his wife, Chelse

Every year, my Grandmother recites the story of Jesus' birth from Luke 2... by heart. Then she tells a story or message to encourage us. This year, she told us a story from when she was younger where she was praying for some serious God-help. And she found this verse:

Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. ---- 2 Corinthians 12:9

This is always my favorite part of Christmas eve. All 4 of my grandparents are leaving an incredible legacy for us to follow. My grandmothers on both sides are prayer warriors. Sometimes I wonder how differently my life would look if they had not been praying for specific things through every stage of it! 


Then Grandmother got my nieces to sing "Go tell it on the mountain," one of their favorite songs from school this year. Billie and my Aunt Jen assisted. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment