Thursday, November 14, 2013

Broccoli Parmesan "Pasta"

The Devo Olive Oil Company flavors of the month are Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil and Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar!

 Here was my first recipe:



Broccoli Parmesan "Pasta"

You need: 
Devo Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil
1 medium spaghetti squash
1 bag of fresh broccoli florets
Freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

1. Wash your squash and poke holes in it. Then bake it whole (it's easier this way!) on 375* for 1 hour.
2. During the last 20-25 minutes of bake time, pour your broccoli florets into an oven safe dish and toss with olive oil and salt + pepper. Add to the oven with the spaghetti squash.
 3. When you remove your squash, let it cool for a few minutes before cutting in lengthwise, removing the seeds, and shredding the "pasta" inside with a fork.
4. Place all the squash in a large bowl. Add Devo Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil and salt + pepper.
5. Now add your roasted broccoli to the same bowl.
6. Shred fresh Parmesan (from a block) on top and serve!


I actually bought shrimp to go in this dish. But I think I waited one day too long before cooking them. They were stinky. :/ And I wasn't brave enough to eat them. I felt especially bad because Billie peeled them all for me while I was at the gym (I was so proud!) But it wasn't worth possible food poisoning! Plus this dish turned out great even without the stinky shrimp!

No comments:

Post a Comment