Monday, November 18, 2013

Day in Tucson

My friend Jen had a deal for Melting Pot restaurant in Tucson, so she invited me to join her for a girls' day on Saturday before we both move!

We spent the day shopping, talking, laughing, and eating! Tucson has great shopping... Our first stop was the La Encantada shopping center on Skyline. A few stores there are Pottery Barn, Williams and Sonoma, Francesa, Anthropologie, Lucky jeans, MAC, Crate & Barrel, and this awesome tea store called Teavana. Jen bought some white chocolate peppermint tea that is making me re-think my dislike of tea. (To me, most hot tea tastes like plain hot water, but not this stuff!!!)

Next, we went to dinner! This was my first experience at Melting Pot, and I loved it! What a great idea, especially for people who like to cook!

Jen and me

If you've never been to Melting Pot, here is the nitty-gritty...

Each table had it's own burner and fondue pot. For your meal, you choose:
1. A cheese for the fondue pot (which you use skewers of bread and vegetables to dip)
2. A salad, which they serve you 
3. A flavored broth for the pot (to cook small pieces of meat in... we had chicken, steak, shrimp, and cheese-filled noodles) They also bring you about 5 sauces to dip the meat in once it's cooked!
4. A chocolate for the fondue pot (with skewers of cheesecake, rice krispie treats, and fruit to dip)

spinach artichoke cheese fondue
The raw meat, which takes about 1-2 minutes each to cook

The boiling broth to cook the meat


After dinner, we decided we didn't want the chocolate fondue for dessert... we just wanted straight up cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. So we did a little more shopping then bought cheesecake to-go on our way home!



Jen's red velvet cheesecake
My snickers cheesecake... I died

No comments:

Post a Comment