Sunday, November 3, 2013

Curried Carrot Bisque

My church friend, Meg, hooked me up with this recipe. And it. is. good. Sweet, thick, curry-ish, and bisque-y. You can almost taste it right? :)

 
Curried Carrot Bisque
Makes about 6 cups

8 medium carrots, peeled and chopped (I didn't peel)
1 onion, chopped
1 tart apple, peeled and chopped (Again, didn't peel)
1 tsp. curry poweder
1 garlic clove, crushed (used minced)
1/4 tsp ground coriander
1/8 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp salt
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup milk or cream (I used 1 can of coconut milk to make it paleo)
chopped fresh cilantro leaves (I topped mine with chopped cashews)

1. In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except for milk/cream. Cover and cook on love for 9-10 hours.
2. Puree, then gradually stir in the milk or cream. Top and serve!
* I added coconut milk in at the very beginning, not the end. And the recipe still turned out just dandy!



No comments:

Post a Comment