Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Paleo Quiche

During our trip to home sweet home Louisiana a few weeks ago, my Aunt Susan made a really good spinach quiche. I have wanted to remake it since I got back to Arizona!

So I searched for a recipe for grain free, dairy free quiche crust... and I settled on this one.



Quiche recipe

Crust:
Copied from The Preppy Paleo
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp. sea salt

Preheat oven to 350. Combine eggs and coconut oil until well-blended. Stir in coconut flour and salt and mix until a dough forms. Grease a pie plate (I used coconut oil) and press dough into the bottom and up the sides, into an even layer. Spread it thin-- trust me, there's enough. Prick dough all over with a fork. Bake for 10 minutes and set aside. (I had to use my tart pan, because I couldn't find my pie plate!)

Filling:
*I did my own thing for this part
10 eggs, beaten
1 small yellow onion, diced and sauteed until lightly brown
1 bag of spinach or 1 bundle of french spinach, chopped and sauteed until wilted
1 big splash (think ~1/4 cup splash) of unsweetened almond milk
salt
pepper

Mix together all the above ingredients and pour into your pie dish. (May want to make sure your onions and spinach are cooled a little before adding your eggs in... don't want the eggs to start cooking!) Return to oven and bake for about 30-35 minutes, until the center is firm. Allow to cool slightly before cutting.

You can always add sausage or bacon or another veggie to this mixture! Just cook your meat first. And lessen the amount of eggs, since your additions will take up some room. :)



Is there such a thing as too many quiche pictures?? You're right... no.

No comments:

Post a Comment