|Would you look at that face!!!|
We all went to bed soon after they got here Friday night. Saturday morning, I made omelets, and we visited for a while and took some pictures!
|Olivia Kate was impressed with Jared's beard :)|
|Breakfast! We topped spinach omelets with tomatillo salsa that my sweet patient made me.|
|Then Olivia Kate spit up on Billie's Arkansas shirt... we had fun with that one ;)|
We ate lunch at Big Nose Kate's saloon. (Kate was Doc Holliday's woman back in the day.) Then we watched a reenactment of the shooting at OK Corral in 1881 (including the 3 Earp brothers and Doc Holliday.)
Most of my pictures didn't turn out, and I am SO sad! But I got a great lesson in history, and we had a fun day!
When we got home, I made taco salad, family style. You know how I love a good Mexican dish. And this time, I added Mexican cauliflower "rice." GREAT addition. Check out the recipe below.
|Picture AND recipe idea are from paleomg.com|
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- ⅓ cup broth or water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- handful of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- juice of 1-2 limes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Run florets of cauliflower through a food processor using the shredding attachment, to rice the cauliflower. Or use a grater and crate the cauliflower until you have small pieces.
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat, add cauliflower and broth or water and a bit of salt to the pan and cover to let steam for about 10 minutes. Mix a couple times to keep from sticking to the bottom.
- Once cauliflower is soft, add garlic powder, cayenne pepper, cilantro, lime, and a bit of salt and pepper.
More updates tomorrow...