Saturday, July 27, 2013

Deviled Eggs

I have a thing for deviled eggs. They remind me of Easter. And living at the sorority house. :) Now that I know how much labor they involve, I feel the need to go back and thank Mrs. Mary, our sweet sorority house cook!

But deviled eggs... I think ya either love 'em or ya hate 'em. 

And I love 'em. Billie too. Perfect paleo snack or appetizer!

Now, if you are leery of eggs because of their cholesterol or if you want to finally settle the questions about whether eggs or healthy or not, PLEASE read this article by my favorite dietician! Short and sweet. You will love it.

Here's my recipe: 
8 eggs
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp hot sauce
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp dill
Pepper
Garnish: paprika

Hard boil your eggs. Let them cool then peel them. Slice eggs in half, longways. Scoop the yolks into a bowl. Mash the yolks with a fork and add everything except for the paprika. Make sure the consistency is smooth. Adjust seasonings to your liking! Scoop mixture back into eggs and sprinkle each egg with paprika!

One last thing... Does anyone know what the middle section on my deviled egg dish is used for?? 


No comments:

Post a Comment