Saturday, June 1, 2013

Incredible homemade coconut ice cream (paleo-ish)

I found a recipe for 2-ingredient ice cream that I thought would make a fun end-of-the-week treat.

One little thing: we don't have an ice cream maker.

No problem!! I Googled a few tips on making ice cream, sans ice cream maker. I compiled the tips, and now I'm gonna give them to you!

I could not believe how incredible this ice cream was. So sweet and smooth. I thought it was the tastiest plain ice cream I've ever had.


Recipe from GI 365 website
Ingredients:
2 cans of full fat, unsweetened coconut milk (refrigerated)
1/2 cup good quality honey (I think you could even try a little less)

1. Place a shallow baking dish (freezer-safe) in the freezer to cool. I used my oval Le Creuset casserole dish. 
2. Whisk the above ingredients together in a bowl and place the bowl on ice. Continue whisking until very smooth. 
3. Transfer the mixture into the shallow baking dish and place back into the freezer.
4. Every 20-30 mins, take the mixture out and whisk it real good. 
*the better mixed it is, the more creamy and less ice-y it will be*
5. When ready to eat, place on counter for 5-10 mins to soften. 
6. Scoop into bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon, if you fancy.



No comments:

Post a Comment