We LOVED this recipe. The cauliflower mash was the perfect side to this dish, and the leftovers were even better the second day!
Caribbean pork: (I got this recipe from www.allrecipes.com... just changed a couple things)
1/2 cup juice from a fresh orange
1 T curry powder
1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 apple, peeled and diced
1 small onion, chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup shredded coconut
2 lbs boneless pork loin
Combine the first 6 ingredients in the crock pot. Then stir in the apple, onion, garlic, raisins, and coconut. Place pork on top. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Shred the pork with a fork.
1. Fill a stockpot with 1-2 inches of water and turn the heat on high.
2. Once boiling, add chopped cauliflower, salt, and garlic.
3. Put on the lid and boil for 10-15 minutes, until the cauliflower is pierced easily with a fork.
4. Dump cauliflower and water into a strainer. Then add the cauliflower to your food processor.
5. Add a few tablespoons of butter, salt and pepper to taste, and any other seasonings you would like. I added chicken broth once. Another time, I added chicken bouillon granules and onion power. That was delicious. :) Blend it until it looks like mashed potatoes.