Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas 2015

Christmas celebrations began on Wednesday at my Mother-in-law's house! Christmas Eve morning, we all went for a run in the foggy 70 degree heat. Ohhh Louisiana. That afternoon, we ate gumbo and opened gifts. We also cranked the a/c down and just pretended it was cold outside! 


The boys built a gingerbread house with our niece! She supervised and taste-tested. 

Christmas Eve night, my Dad's side of the family had our annual fish fry! 
We all enjoyed time with the newest addition to our family, who is less than 7 weeks old.

Kaleigh Grace read the Christmas story from Luke. 

Then we played a few games and did our gift exchange for each name we drew. 

Christmas Day, we had our traditional omelet and biscuits with peppermint hot chocolate at Mom's house. Then the kids plays with their toys all day! 


Colton and Billie set up Colton's train, and the girls made homemade cards with their American Girl craft set.

The day after Christmas, we drove down to Pineville for a Mexican tacky sweater themed Christmas with Mom's family! We ate fajitas, taco soup, queso, chips and salsa, and drank sangria! 


And we got to love on another new addition! 

I think my emotions have covered the full spectrum these past few days. To be honest, parts of me have just wanted to "get through" these couple weeks. But I've felt a lot of grace, from myself and my family, for feeling like an emotional mess at times. Life can be hard and messy. But I really believe that God is always good and wants to be the source for what we need each moment. I'm asking Him to show me to how to rely more and more on Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment