Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Change of Command Ceremony

It was a busy and emotional week at the Webb house. Billie took command of an intelligence company this week, and I am so proud and excited for him. I can't wait to watch him excel in this position. Many guys from his previous unit came to watch and support. In his speech, Billie mentioned my Dad as well as his Uncle Dennis, who passed away while Billie was deployed this year. He acknowledged how proud they would have been to see him do this.




Billie's aunt, my mom, and my Mother-in-law spent about 4 days with us. I was SO glad they were able to be a part of the ceremony.




After the ceremony, we returned to Billie's office for a reception, where we watched soldiers demolish Chick-Fil-A platters (Billie's request), fruit and veggie trays, and the sheet cake you see above. Those boys can eat! :) I'm really looking forward to this year and being a part of this new company. Most of my close girlfriends are PCS'ing (aka moving to another base) with their husbands, which I'm not talking about yet because I just can't even... (tears ensue.) This has been an amazing year for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment