Sunday, October 25, 2015

Trip to St. Lucia


I'm finally taking the time to blog about our trip to St. Lucia! In a word, it was lavish. 

We stayed at the Calabash Cove resort at the northwest part of the island.

Travel included two quick flights and a 1.5 hour drive to the resort. We were greeted by the friendliest staff and our drink of choice. Rum punch it is! 

I was in awe from the moment we arrived. Billie and I opted for "all-inclusive," meaning anything we wanted, we could "just dial 0" and ask for. Unlimited food and drinks! 

This is the view from our back patio in the swim-up junior suite. We walked right out our room and swam into the infinity pool. It doesn't get any better than that! 



The first morning, I ordered room service coffee and had quiet time with this view. I felt like my heart might burst! 


This is the view from the resort restaurant. We ate breakfast here one day and ate dinner here every night! 


View of the swim-up bar from our room. 



The first suite to the left of the pool bar was ours. We swam across the pool to lay out in the sun... 


and to get this view! 


After breakfast, Billie and I spent most mornings at the beach. We paddle-boarded, jet-skied, and swam. 


In the afternoon, we ate lunch at the pool bar and spent hours in the sun until dinner. 


After catching the sunset, we showered and dressed for a fancy dinner at the Wingsong restaurant upstairs. 






Here is a glimpse of some of our meals! 


For breakfast, we ordered room service every day except one. We ate coconut pancakes, eggs Benedict, cocoa tea French toast, local fruit plates, and a traditional St. Lucian breakfast with figs, boiled egg, salt fish, and fried bread. 

For lunch, we ate at the swim-up bar each day. Meals included a pork belly sandwich on ciabatta, Mediterranean tomato chicken mozzarella on ciabatta, duck breast Ceasar salad, tempura shrimp with wasabi mayo, and conch stir fry with glass noodles, to name a few. 

Dinner meals included Scotch eggs, lamb, and lobster encrusted salmon. I truly couldn't get enough. Each dinner meal we had was one of the best meals of my life. By the time we left, I was so full... I though I could never be hungry again! :) 

I'm so thankful for this time I got with Billie post-deployment. I feel SO lucky to have visited such an amazing place. One word of caution...we don't recommend renting your own car in a place like this. We had a wreck on our way to the airport. Billie did GREAT, but driving on the wrong side of the car AND road with no speed limits and no center lines dividing lanes... that can be tricky. We were completely side-swiped by an 18-wheeler on a roundabout. We were ok! Very thankful it wasn't worse. 

1 comment: