Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Weekend Home

Last weekend, I traveled home to Louisiana. Quality time with all my family was just what I needed. As soon as I arrived, my mom, dad, and sister took me to lunch at Trapp's, a new restaurant on the river in Monroe. 
I had my heart set on Mexican food that night, so we all loaded up and went to El Sombrero. Or "the hat" if you're one of my nieces or nephew.

I felt so loved on by my family... Couldn't get enough of these 3 cuties. 


Saturday morning, everyone met at my Mom and Dad's house, aka "the farm." My niece just learned to play Uno, so we played all day long! She pulled this kid-size card table outside so we could enjoy the sun while we played.


That night, I drove to Simsboro for Billie's step-sister's wedding. Here I am with Billie's mom and aunt!


The wedding was really pretty, and I'm thankful I got to be there for it! It was so great to see Billie's aunts and uncles and extended family.


After the wedding, I drove back home to my sweet family, who had waited until past their bedtimes to eat dinner with me. The kids had eaten and were watching a movie inside. For the adults, my Dad grilled pizzas. Mom made 7-layer salad, and we sat outside to enjoy the view.


Doesn't get much better than this...


I was so thankful for all they did to make the weekend special. I was not ready for the 9 hour drive back to Tennessee on Sunday!



No comments:

Post a Comment